How do you feel about traveling the world? Is adventure woven into your DNA?
Check out this review of the 2016 BMW Adventure bike.
There’s nothing I like more than riding a bike with two distinct personalities. Something you can easily maneuver down a smooth stretch of pavement, or confidently manhandle through a ragged river pass. One machine that exhibits this duality to a T is the 2016 BMW F800GS Adventure.
RumbleOn has a dirt bike trade-in with your name on it.
Whether you’re looking to trade an ATV online for a used dirt bike, or vice versa, RumbleOn will help you get the job done. Our inventory is full of reliable rides that can take you the distance.
Engineered for world travel, the 2016 BMW F800GS Adventure is an enduro machine by all accounts: agile, practical for touring, not to mention it has gobs of off-road capabilities and advanced safety features, including automatic stability control (ASC) and electronic suspension adjustment (ESA). These qualities combined with the Adventure’s torsion-resistant tubular steel frame make it one of the safest mid-sized touring enduros on the market.
Video Source: TwoWheeledObsession Youtube
Powered by an 800cc liquid-cooled inline twin, the Adventure’s power delivery is smooth (in fact, if it weren’t for the tachometer, you’d have no proof you shifted gears at all!). The engine is designed to fit naturally between riders’ legs, and the rider triangle ensures maximum comfort whether you’re seated or standing. Additionally, counterbalancers in the engine reduce vibrations to the upper body, but not so much to the lower.
Despite the eagerness of this bike to perform, riders should be careful not to overdo it when venturing off road because while it may feel weightless in motion, the GS Adventure is actually fairly heavy. And while I’m sure BMW would encourage riders to get into all sorts of off-road shenanigans on the F800GS Adventure, some terrain (mainly the rutty kind) is just not conducive to its front suspension travel. But, find yourself some loose dirt and activate the ABS feature, and that’s when the F800GS really shines!
Offering precise fuel delivery via ride-by-wire technology, as well as multiple rider modes, the 2016 BMW F800GS Adventure is a promising prelude into the world of enduro and a reliable road companion anytime the pavement is calling your name. One thing’s for sure: this bike can easily satisfy any thrill-seeker’s appetite.
Video Source: MotorCycle Tube Youtube
2016 BMW F800GS Adventure Specs
- Engine: 798cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke parallel twin w/ four valves per cylinder,
- DOHC, dry sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 82.0mm x 75.6mm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: EFI
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed
- Primary Drive: Chain
- Front suspension: 43mm inverted forks; 9.1 inches of travel
- Rear suspension: Cast aluminum swingarm, WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable, rebound damping adjustable; 8.5 inches of travel
- Front tire: 90/90 – 21 54V
- Rear tire: 150/70 – 17 69V
- Front brakes: Dual floating 300mm discs w/ four-piston fixed calipers
- Rear brake: 265mm disc, with dual-piston floating caliper
- L x W x H: 90.7 in. x 36.4 in. x 57.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 62.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.9 in. to 35.0 in.
- Wet weight: 430 lbs*
- Fuel capacity: 6.3 gal
*as reported by the manufacturer
What the 2016 F 800 GS is…
- “...for true globetrotters for whom no destination is too remote and who want to conquer the world off the beaten track.” (TotalMotorcycle.com)
- A great introduction into the world of Enduro
- A comfortable commuter bike that can also be used for touring and off-road shenanigans
What it isn’t...
- A dirt bike, so no goon riding or blitzing.
- For riders who strictly want to commute; that’s what cruisers are for
- A racehorse—85 ponies and 61 lbs-ft of torque is a bit modest when compared to other dual sport breeds
Anything catch your eye in this 2016 BMW Adventure review? Let me know in a comment!
Is the off-beaten path calling your name? Trade for a BMW F800GS Adventure today.
I needed to trade my ATV ages ago, and the thought of working with dealers and anonymous third parties freaked me out. That’s when I started looking for safe solutions and discovered RumbleOn. I quickly browsed their online inventory and found a used BMW F800GS Adventure. It took minutes to get my ATV trade-in value and then a Certified Transporter picked up my ride for FREE. Plus, my new ride was delivered right to my doorstep! Get your trade-in value today.