Review of the 2018 Polaris RZR 570
What is it about Polaris’s RZR line that has outdoorsmen raving? See for yourself in this review of the Polaris RZR 570.
If you’ve ever ridden a Polaris, I’ll bet your off-roading game has never been better; if you haven’t, the 2018 Polaris RZR 570 can change that. Bolstered by the brand’s acclaimed ProStar engine, optional EPS, and five different driving modes, the RZR 570 is equipped to take you where no sport UTV or side-by-side has gone before.
Editorial Credit: Pukhov K / Shutterstock.com
Ditch the dealership and trade an ATV online. No hassles, no headaches.
Get the best trade-in value for your four-wheeler from RumbleOn. It only takes 15 minutes to submit a vehicle for a cash offer, which you can keep or use towards a Rumble Ready Ride!
At just 50 inches wide, the RZR 570 is an impressive performance vehicle despite its relatively diminutive size. Yes, it weighs half a ton, but density can’t compete with the RZR’s crisp handling and power. In fact, riders who’ve reviewed the RZR compare it to the line’s earlier 800 model, which was an overwhelming favorite amongst Polaris fans in years past.
Featuring selectable 2WD/4WD with speed-sensing and automatic locking capabilities, the RZR 570 boasts many of the same systems of its more expensive brothers and sisters, and I dig it. But what I appreciate most about this side-by-side is the breadth of gears its fully automatic, belt-type transmission achieves: high, low, neutral, reverse, and Turf Mode for those days when work supersedes play. It also reaches upwards of 55 MPH in record time, and stops just as effectively thanks to hydraulic disc brakes in the front and rear.
Editorial Credit: marekuliasz / Shutterstock.com
As far as drawbacks go, the most noticeable one reveals itself in the RZR’s 10.5-inch ground clearance. Whoops and G-outs aren’t exactly a sight for sore eyes for this side-by-side (though it would never shy away from the challenge), and neither are slick inclines—the 4WD system applies only to the vehicle’s rear. Finally, with the exception of a few upgrades, you’ll have to be content with the vehicle’s stock condition since Polaris has ceased production of many accessories. Despite these shortcomings, however, the RZR 570 is pure fun to ride.
All in all, whether it’s navigating deeply wooded pathways or smooth lands on the homestead, the 2018 Polaris 570 side-by-side will get the job done, and get it done well.
2018 Polaris RZR 570 Specs
- Engine: 567cc, single-cylinder, 4-Stroke, DOHC
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Transmission: Continuously Variable (CVT)
- Primary Drive: Shaft
- Reverse: Yes
- Front Suspension: Dual A-Arm Sachs Shocks 9” Travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual A-Arm Sachs Shocks 9.5” Travel
- Front Tire: Maxxis® 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: Maxxis® 25 x 10-12
- Front Brake: Hydraulic Disc with Dual-Bore Front Caliper
- Rear Brake: Hydraulic Disc Dual-Bore Rear Caliper
- Wheelbase: 77 in.
- L x W x H: 107.5 in. x 50.0 in. x 69.0 in.
- Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Dry Weight: 1077 lbs
- Fuel Capacity: 7.3 gal
- Number of Seats: 2
- No. Driveline Modes: 3
- Driveline Type: Selectable 4X2 / 4X4
- Headlights: Standard Halogen
Editorial Credit: pixinoo / Shutterstock.com
What the RZR 570 is…
- A performance machine that can hold its own in a herd of ATVs
- A sport-utility hybrid that can easily fit in the bed of your truck
- Agile, quick, and ready to take on the great outdoors in any capacity
What it isn’t…
- A cheap investment; this baby’s ready for the long-haul, so your wallet better be prepared
- A monster truck, so avoid boulders, deep holes, and other sizeable debris
- A solo ride — bring a friend along and make some memories!
Featured Photo Source: Tropicars-golf.com
“I need to trade my ATV to make room in the garage for a new toy. Where do I start?”
You already have enough to worry about in your day-to-day without adding a four-wheeler trade-in to the mix. But, what if you could trade four-wheelers all online and never set foot in a dealership? That’s where RumbleOn comes in. Browse our 100% online inventory for the vehicle trade-in you’ve been dreaming of; then, submit your quad for a trade-in value using our safe and reliable cash offer technology! It’s never been easier, or more efficient, to trade ATVs.