Yamaha’s reputation for producing powerful off-road bikes lives on in the YZF450FX.
The year 2018 has ushered in some great off-roading rides, and the 2018 Yamaha YZ450FX is a total bullseye.
2018 has brought great things when it comes to off-roading , and the YZ450FX contributes to the list. This is a complete closed-course, off-race bike that punches a surprising amount of power in all the areas that matter.
Sell four-wheelers, dirt bikes, and other adventure rides online with RumbleOn.
Want to sell a dirt bike faster than Ryan Villopto can win a Supercross Championship? We can help! Sell a dirt bike online to RumbleOn and get same-day payment. It’s that easy.
Let’s get down and dirty with the details:
Intended to be ridden and raced in closed-course events, this four-stroke racing MXer has grit written all over it; but, it’s the bike’s power and efficiency that has many Yamaha lovers swooning. Equipped with a 2.0-gallon tank, the YZ450FX can easily take you on long course adventures, and the addition of a kickstand—a novelty in the world of dirt bikes—is a welcome attribute.
An 18-inch rear wheel provides much needed traction for various kinds of off-road terrain, and an electric starter is certainly a convenience (you’ll never have to worry about stalling again!). Featuring a smooth clutch and a wide five-speed transmission, adventure is always in the forecast with this bike in tow. The balancer is also more ergonomically sound, which means you can spend more time activating your inner pathfinder instead of your core.
Technologically speaking, Yamaha really honed in on the YZ450FX’s suspension and made significant updates to the engine design. Additionally, a minimalistic exterior makes this bike perfect for riders who are more interested in blazing trails than showing boats (if you catch my drift). It also features reverse fuel injection, a titanium, four-valve cylinder head, and KYB® suspension in the front and rear that completely devours bumps and other course anomalies.
Yamaha YZ450FX Specs
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® fuel injection, 44mm
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: Wide-ratio constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension, Front: KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping; 12.2-in wheel travel
- Suspension, Rear: KYB® single shock; full adjustable; 12.5-in wheel travel
- Brakes, Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes, Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires, Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires, Rear: 120/90-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Overall Length: 85.2 inches
- Overall Width: 32.5 inches
- Overall Height: 50.4 inches
- Seat Height: 38.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 57.7 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.3°
- Ground Clearance: 12.8 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal
- Wet Weight: 262 lb
When you get down to it, the 2018 Yamaha YZ450FX is all about adventure and adrenaline. Comment below if you’ve ever considered purchasing an off-road bike!
Trade in dirt bikes and find the ride that truly moves you at RumbleOn!
It’s time to forgo sentiment and trade your old ride in for something that has a little more oomph, like a used Yamaha YZ450FX for sale. RumbleOn has a large selection of used adventure rides, and you can trade for any of them online. Just submit your vehicle’s VIN and we’ll send you the trade-in value in 15 minutes or less. Trade for a Yamaha YZ450FX today!